Fight against landfill waste as a Waste Warrior
November 5, 11:00 am - 5:00 pm, Durham Central Park
Why Volunteer as a Waste Warrior?
Waste Warriors will receive free vouchers to use at the food truck of your choice, a Durham Central Park t-shirt, and also receive a HUGE thank you from us and the Earth. Much more, you'll probably teach a few people a thing or two about composting and recycling which can sometimes be confusing!
Important Volunteer Info:
- Teens welcome – earn community service credit
- Youth welcome with adult supervision
- Dress for the weather
- Bring your own water bottle
- Arrive 10 minutes prior to your volunteer shift
No prior experience necessary!
You will be trained prior to your volunteer shift. Please arrive 10 minutes before your volunteer shirt starts to go over volunteer instructions and composting/recycling FAQs.
- 11am-1pm – Set up & Waste Warrior
- 12:30-2:30pm – Waste Warrior
- 2:30-4:30pm – Waste Warrior & Break down
alright, I want to fight against landfill waste, what will I be doing?
- Set up waste stations and signs
- Set up volunteer tent
- Staff the waste stations that include composting and recycling stations (Waste Warrior)
- Educate food truck customers on how to properly recycle and compost (Waste Warrior)
- Sort waste into containers – trash, recycling, or compost – as needed (Waste Warrior)
- Swap out recycling and compost bins when they get full (Waste Warrior)
- Breakdown waste stations and signs
- Sort waste from food truck’s trash and recycling containers
- Break down volunteer tent
ready to be a waste warrior?
Sign up by contacting Erin Kauffman: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 919-794-8194