Help us celebrate the journey of the Monarch Butterfly!
saturday october 14th, 10 am-4 pm, Sandy Creek Park
Sandy Creek Park is a certified waystation for Monarch butterflies as they migrate throughout North America. This unique Durham park features milkweed, nectar sources and shelter that help sustain Monarchs throughout their migration. In celebration of the Monarchs, the Durham Monarch Festival will feature music, family friendly activities & food. Experts will be giving talks about Monarch biology, ecology, and conservation and pollinator friendly plants will be available for purchase.
schedule of events coming soon!
Free Educational Materials for All Ages
Free Activities for Children
Pollinator Plant & Milkweed Seeds for Sale
Plants & Other Items available for donations
Special appearances & Activities
- Monarch Reading Corner, stories for all ages
- StoryWalk - Houdini the Amazing Caterpillar
- Butterfly Themed Crafts
- Temporary Tattoos
- Yard Games
- The Spectacular Butterfly Parade
- Balloon (Butterfly) Animals - (from 11AM-4PM only)
- The Northeast Creek Puppeteers
- Food Trucks - Bandidos, Heavy Metal Grillers, Flirting with Fire
- La Monarca Popsicles
help us make this a success!
Learn more about our volunteer opportunities →