"He plants trees to benefit another generation." - Caecilius Statius
plant a tree with us
When you plant a tree, you guarantee clean air and water, places for animals to roost and feed, and the means to offset carbon emissions for not only your time on earth, but for generations to come. While trees themselves provide plenty of benefits, planting them yourself is a meaningful task. When you plant a tree, you reconnect your roots to nature and spend time outside, create memories with coworkers and friends, and positively affect the future! What else can you ask for in an afternoon?
Ready to start planting?
Check out one of our upcoming planting events to help us out!
- February 1st - Tree Transplanting at Duke Campus Farm
- February 3rd - Tree Planting with Fullsteam Brewery
- February 4th -Tu B’shvat Tree Planting
- February 10th - Tree Planting: Northbrook
- February 17th - Tree Planting: Old West Durham
- February 24th - Tree Planting: Walltown
- March 2nd - Tree Planting: Durham Central Park
- March 3rd - Tree Planting: Southside
- March 10th - Tree Planting: NCSSM
Give the gift of trees
Planting a tree is meaningful and impactful, and you can help provide trees to plant! As a 501(c)3 nonprofit, we rely on both volunteers and donors to help us put our mission into action. By giving the gift of a tree by donating, you guarantee that more trees can be planted, Durham's canopy will be preserved, and all of the benefits of trees can be experienced by all, not just those that can afford to pay for them. Donate quickly and securely with our button below, or write a check out to Keep Durham Beautiful, 2011 Fay Street, Durham, NC 27704. Thank you!