Durham Public Schools is looking for Recycling Ambassadors to help launch a lunchroom recycling program with elementary schools. We would like ambassadors to monitor lunchroom recycle bins for the first week of the campaign help the school’s Environmental Champion instruct the students in proper carton and juice box recycling. To sign up to volunteer, please register as a DPS Recycling Ambassador Volunteer and then sign up for one (or more!) of the available shifts listed below.
Ambassadors will need to register as a DPS Recycling Ambassador Volunteer:
1. Register on the DPS Website: https://ec.volunteernow.com/recruiter/index.php?class=volunteerregistration&recruiterID=1343
2. Leave the school list blank if you do not have a specific site where you want to volunteer with lunchroom recycling.
3. Select “All Elementary” as the student group.
4. Select “Other” as the activity you are interested in.
5. Whether or not you are a parent of DPS Students, list “Recycling” as the “Name of Child #1”. If you are a parent, proceed to list your children after that.
6. Wait 7-10 days for an email confirmation of your eligibility- don’t forget to check your spam folder.
Current “Toss it Right” Volunteer Opportunities:
Recycling Ambassadors at C.C. Spaulding
Where: C.C. Spaulding (1531 Roxboro Road)
When: April 4-8, 2016
Sign up at: http://vols.pt/KPCRg7
Recycling Ambassadors at Little River
Where: Little River (2315 Snow Hill Road)
When: April 11-15
Sign up at: http://vols.pt/yybZuD