Briggs Community Garden educational series is open for registration. In collobaration with the the Durham Master Gardeners’ Speakers Bureau, Durham County Cooperative Extension & Briggs Community Garden the first part of the 2014 scheduled sessions is as follows:
From 10am to 11am on the following Saturdays:
- January 11, 2014: Seed Starting
- February 15, 2014:Cool Season Vegetables (Spring & Fall Crops)
- March 15, 2014: Insect Management – Fire Ants (speaker: Michelle Wallace)
- April 26, 2014: NC Sweet Potatoes: From Bed to Table
- May 17, 2014: Summer Southern Favorites: Tomatoes & Okra
- June 14, 2014: Crawlin’ Cucurbits: Gourds, Squashes, Pumpkins
All Events are FREE! These events require pre- registration.
Be prepared to enjoy Topics, presentations, or hands-on programs, designed to be 30-45 minutes in length.
These events are are open to the public, youth, families, novice and advanced gardeners. Events will be held at the Durham County Cooperative Extension Building located at 721 Foster Street, Durham, NC 27701
These events require pre- registration, with no fewer than 7 participants signed-up by Wednesday preceding the speaking date. This allows the MGV speaker to prepare materials.
Santos Flores, Durham County: Community Garden Coordinator