Saturday, October 8, 2016 | 10-4 PM
Sandy Creek Park (3510 Sandy Creek Drive)
- All volunteer shifts are 2 hours
- Volunteers must check in at the Keep Durham Beautiful tent at least 15 minutes prior to the start of their shift. Due to limited parking on the festival grounds, volunteers will need to park and shuttle into the festival so please plan accordingly.
- Benefit of Volunteering: Volunteers will receive FREE raffle tickets for the Spectacular Monarch Raffle, a pair of Keep Durham Beautiful sunglasses, and snacks and drinks.
- Volunteers must provide at least 48 hours cancellation notice or arrange for someone to fill in their spot if they are no longer able to help out at the Monarch Festival.
- Youth volunteers are welcome! Please note, any volunteer under the age of 18 requires signed approval from a parent or legal guardian and youth under the age of 16 require adult approval and supervision during the duration of the volunteer activity.
Festival Volunteer Positions:
Set Up Crew– Assist event committee, vendors, and exhibitors with set up of the festival grounds before the event kickoff.
Raffle Table– Encourage festival goers to participate in the spectacular Monarch raffle, keep raffle display neat and orderly, and manage raffle ticket sales.
Merchandise Table– Manage the merchandise table by keeping the materials neat and orderly, selling merchandise items, tracking merchandise sales, and providing directional assistance to festival goers as needed.
Traffic Control – Assist in directing traffic and parking at Sandy Creek Park entrance. Parking at the park and along Sandy Creek Drive is limited, festival participants will be encouraged to utilize the free shuttle.
Green Team – Help festival goers properly navigate recycling and composting options at the festival. No experience necessary, training will be provided at the beginning of each shift.
Greeters – Greet festival attendees with a smile and pass out festival brochure with the schedule of events. Spanish and English speaking greeters needed.
Accessibility Guides – Help make the Monarch Festival accessible for all! Guides are needed to help give directions, provide guidance, help locate facilities and activities on the festival grounds, and interpret as needed to make the festival accessible and welcoming to people with disabilities.
Cleanup Crew – Assist vendors and exhibitors to break down and clean up the festival. The goal is to leave the grounds as clean, or cleaner than when we set up.
Apply to Volunteer at the Monarch Festival Today!
You should be redirected to a confirmation page and receive a confirmation email upon submitting the volunteer registration form (hitting the green “OK” button). If you are unable to see the green “OK” button to submit the form, please hit the tab key after your last entry. If you continue to have technical troubles submitting the volunteer registration form, please contact us at 919-560-4197 ext.21244 for assistance.